GRASS LAKE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS ARE NOW ENROLLING STUDENTS FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEARWe welcome you to Grass Lake Community Schools. While the registration process has multiple steps, our school personnel is available to assist you whenever needed. Going through the following steps should be able to streamline the process while honoring your busy schedules.REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Following are the documents required for registration. You may do this at any time, but earlier is better. If you are planning to enroll your student as "School of Choice", please submit a "School of Choice" application as soon as possible as your student will need to be accepted into our system. The link to the application is offered below. Call 517-867-5540 if you encounter difficulties in the process.
NOTE: Regarding legal age of enrollment for entering Kindergarten -
Michigan law states that a child must be five years old on or before September 1 to enroll in kindergarten.Early Entry Option: If your child is not five years old by September 1, but will be five years old on or before December 1, and you wish to enroll him or her in kindergarten the school year BEFORE he or she would now be age eligible to enroll, you must notify the school district of your plan.
- Application for enrollment. You may fill out an on-line application by going to https://registration.grasslakeschools.com/site.php. Then click on "Enroll" in the top left corner of the page to set up an account and fill out the application. It is not necessary to print a copy of the online registration form after submitting it. We will access it online.
- Original birth certificate and one copy (must see original)
- Immunization record. All immunizations must be completed by the first day of school, August 23, 2017.
- Vision Screening proof sometime in the last three years
- Two Proofs of Residency if you are in Grass Lake district (not a driver’s license, but a copy of a bill, tax record, etc.)
- Small, recent photo of your child (no bigger than 2 x 2 please)
- If you have a school-of-choice student, a school-of-choice form is required, but not a proof of residency.
ATTENTION NEW GRASS LAKE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS PARENTS -
Grass Lake Community Schools provides computing devices for each of our students for the entire school year for our Kindergarten through 12th Grade students. We call this program our "1:1 Computer Initiative". A requirement of this program is that a parent of each new student must attend one mandatory informational meeting with school administrators before the devices are given to each new student. Parents of new students are only required to attend one of these meetings. It is not required that students attend these informational meetings.
If you have questions, please call our Central Office at 517-867-5540 and someone will assist you. If you would like to set up a visit at the school and/or a tour, click here, complete the provided form, submit it, and someone will contact you very soon to make arrangements.